When the ball dropped and the clocks turned to the new year it felt right. Not like the previous years. It felt like this year is going to be great and prosperous. It felt as though some of my big goals were going to be achieved this year.
Then I finally asked myself. What is it going to take to make 2008 the year that changed my life?, and my answer was simple. Focus and commitment.
In the past I have tried to focus on more than one business at a time, which if you do this you end up not devoting 100% of your time to anything your doing, and everything your doing suffers. Its like trying to listen to 2 or 3 conversations, or watch a picture in picture on your tv, it can be done, but not as good as if your focus was on one of those things and your mind and heart is committed to succeeding in that one venture.
This last year has been a real self-evaluating year. I really looked inward and recognized a lot of faults that IM going to change in 2008, and things that have held me back in the past will now be relinquished in the new year. Commitment issues, abandonment, fears of loss or failure, or fear of not achieving are no longer with me in 2008.
Most fears in my opinion come from not taking enough action. Action diminishes fear, and when fear is not present success can flourish.
How do you eliminate fear? Here is the formula I use which I learned from a friend Bern Moses. I first ask myself what I am afraid of, then ask if IM going to die right now, the answer will be no, so then I say OK well what can I do to contribute to my situation, improve it, how can I respond instead of react and what is the most productive thing I can do right now? Then I do it. Take action.
2008 will not be my best year ever, there are so many years ahead, but it will be the year that changed the course my life takes, and my families lives as well. Our lifestyle and place in this world will be 180 degrees different than it was in 2007, and it will continue to be better every year.
Here is to a great 2008!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment